The Ivan Vazov National Theatre is the capital’s other emblem. The theatre was founded in 1904, and its building was completed in 1907. Designed in the style of German classicism, it contains many elements of the then fashionable Secession style. The interior was twice renewed, once after the fire in the theatre in 1923, and once during the 1970-1976 period. The hall is flanked by two balconies and there are 850 seats. Two chamber stages are in operation; the one with 150 seats and the other with 100. The theatre employs some of the country’s best actors and stage directors, many of whom enjoy popularity all over Europe.